Followers

Thursday 19 July 2012

12 weeks post open heart surgery

Hi everyone,

How's 'the outside world' doing? Iam feeling like I've been detached from normality for so long now. To do the simplistic of things such as go for a meal with friends and family, or enjoy a evening at the pictures seems such an appealing and also faraway way of life. Gone our my days of rushing round here there and everywhere. When I get out of here, it's a slower pace of life all the way!!

Speaking of getting out of here........

BAD NEWS!!!!!!

I've got to have the whole open heart surgery done again!! I'm totally devastated. I basically have a heart infection and it's eating the new valve. It's the worse thing that could happen. The surgical team are gutted. it is a massive set back and this 2nd operation carrys massive risks, with it being so soon, and also with infection being present in the body. If this 2nd valve gets infected... Well..... Let's not think that way. But it's bad bad bad........
The second operation will be next Friday and I will be taking regular video blogs as soon as I can speak and hold an iPad. I'm not looking forward to it, as I know ow what to expect, the pain on waking up from the operation, when they are taking out the draining tubes etc. urrrggghhhhh, can't even think about it without feeling sick!
I'm trying to get my strength up by eating loads of fruit and calorie dense food. I have managed to loose 12lbs but my aim now, is to put 6-7lbs back on in preparation for the operation, as il probably need all the energy I can to get me through it.
Then ill embark back n the clean eating 3 weeks post op.

Thank you for all your support guys.


Claire xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! I am a 25 year old man from Hungary and I had open heart surgery six weeks ago, because a bacterial infection. I have aortic rupture. I read what happened to you, and I am very sad about it. I read your blog and I got a lot of strength and positive attitude from you. I know that everything will be fine with your operation.

    I cant find your FB or e-mail. If you want, please give it for me. Thanks. (I dont want to disturb you :) )


    With best wishes,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, thank you for your comment. I'm so sorry to hear you have been through a similar operation. How are you feeling now?
      I'm sure you feeling like its all a distant memory and are enjoying returning back to some sort of normality

      Kindest regards

      Claire

      Delete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. cancer hospitals in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete