Followers

Sunday 17 June 2012

6-weeks & 4 days post op

Well, this week has certainly been a roller coaster week. I had been building my walking up to 3 miles walks twice daily and following the clean eating programme fairly strictly. 6pack had actually started to show. I was amazed!! I had been to hospital 5 weeks post op and had blood tests taken and when phoned for the results Monday, the surgeons secretary had been very Cagey, saying she couldn't give out such information. When the nurse finally called me, 4 days later my infection levels had risen...arrrggghhhhhh... I could see it now.... A vision of the camera down the throat to look at the heart appeared!! So they informed me I'd have regular blood tests taken once a week. So, I was soooooo good. Didn't go anywhere, or see anyone.... Erm, wel... I did go into Chester on Tuesday to meet up with 2 friends for coffee, but also, to get a handbag from Kate's wedding. But to be fair, it did wipe me out, so didn't do anything else all week! The results came back and it was all good, infection levels had come back down...... I guess with having no spleen, my life will always be like this, as I have no immune system. So that was Tuesday, O yes, Tuesday evening, went to a land auction in kelsall! We ended up wining the auction and purchasing 2.5 acres of prime Cheshire land. It was ace..... I'm off to a fine arts auction in a couple of weeks and gonna start wheeling and dealing, ducking and diving in the old antique business!! Ha ha... Do you get fed up with my change in career paths all the time?? My family do!! Lol. Actually,it's gonna be a hobby, collecting vintage jewellery and other items, I think ts steamed from being in hospital and being forced to watch theings like Dickinsons deals ha ha. I actually haven't seen that one, but there's loads of similar tv programmes. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday went by, had a few friends bob over to see me, which was lovely.a friend who is growing her own quinoa, she had a very interesting story to tell me about her new product!!my other friend lizzie came up to manicure my nails, so all in all a great week. And to top it all off, Kate's wedding...... Omg, it was amazing!! I didn't sleep the night before as I was soooo excited!april did an amazing job of my hair, and for the first time in weeks I felt like a proper lady!! Got to the queens hotel, which I have to say, I was sooooooo impressed with, and we were shown to our seats in this lovely boutiquey room. Then in walks the bridesmaid Jen, she looked amazing in a long black dress, she was clearly emotionally and that set us all off, then in walked the beautiful bride and her father... Well that was it, tears were streaming down our faces, she looked fab!! They said their vows and then had loads of pictures taken, by a great photographer who got some very unique shots of us all. The wedding breakfast was gorgeous and the company was great. The day do melted into the evening do seamlessly and before I knew it I was being picked up, at 10 pm. It was so nice to see all the girls and catch up. It was reassuring to know that actually, I can have a couple of drinks as long as I'm careful and today, being Sunday, I'm now going to rest all day so I don't become I'll. This is my slow journey to full health and u fitness peeps better be ready for the bionic woman!! Cos she's slowly getting there!! He he he...... Xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You sound sooooooooo happy and so long as you are "getting there" it doesn't matter how slowly, Mrs, just keep moving in the direction of Mrs Bionic Fitness Lady (YIPPEE!)Well Done!

    I was nearly crying just reading about the wedding. I'm not surprised you were all blubbing.

    ReplyDelete