Followers

Wednesday 27 June 2012

9 Days post Open Heart Surgery


Hi everyone,

Ive managed to unconfiscate (is that a proper word?) my car from my father's house now, and its now sat on my mums drive.. woooo, one step closer to freedom!! Ive had some Darlo plates put on it so thought id send you a little image of it!!

Right, post op recovery...... not going that well!! Ive picked up ANOTHER!!!!!!! bug. Ive had a temperature of 39/40 for past day or two and feel like crap, but nurses have said it is viral and so should settle down on its own, so plenty of... guess what....... REST!!!!!!If I rested anymore id be constantly asleep!!
I thought i'd include a cheeky scar shot, but hopefully it gives you a good idea of the recovery and heeling of the scar.
I started my cardiac rehab programme on Monday, and it was so motivating to hear how I will be able to move forward once ive managed to get rid of this infection and also taken off the antiobiotics. The only concern she has is my blood pressure being too low and how that will impact my training, so im not allowed to do any unsupervised sessions as yet, and no interval or intense sessions for a few months. Im going to start some work with the resistance bands in 2 weeks to help the muscles begin to strengthen before I start doing any true resistance work.
I have any appointment tomorrow with the surgeon so I will update the blog then.

Ta ta for now xx

1 comment: